There are times when even Heroes need help, and this is one of those times.
This is the giving season, and I sincerely hope and pray that Our Friends will open your hearts and go one step further for the Children.
Ark of Hope for Children has been right there ready to do anything possible to help Our Circle so our site would be something to feel good about, because they knew our reason for this site, and that is the Children who are THE FUTURE OF THIS WORLD.
Mr. and Mrs. Corbett are the only 24/7 people I know of. They have taken the words “Role Model” and “Mentor” to the next level, by dedicating their lives to the Children of this world. Somehow I missed this post on their blog, which I would like to share with you.
Prayer Need Surgery 2015.12.07
Prayer Need: One teen male #ChildAbuse survivor we mentor is about to go into surgery to repair damage done. It can be life threatening without the emergency surgery.
Update December 8, 2015
Need prayer for a young teen #ChildAbuse survivor I mentor every day. Just had surgery caused by the abuse suffered and things have taken a not good turn. Potassium levels extremely high, plus irregular heart rate. They are hooking up kidney dialysis to lower potassium levels. Could be a leakage from intestinal area so prepping for scans. Also could be causing bad bacterial infection which may be building as we speak.
PLEASE Support our survivor support mentoring and care work for this victim thru #ArkofHope for Children http://bit.ly/1LHaAA8
Ark of Hope for Children is empowering advocates and donors to bring care and awareness to those victimized as children by human trafficking, child abuse and bullying. Ark of Hope is a human rights umbrella organization using a trauma informed approach to serve survivors through our various programs.
This approach acknowledges that traumatized people often respond to daily life quite differently even years after their traumatic experiences ended. If we can address their trauma, we can change lives. Unconditional love, understanding and mentoring support can empower victims to mold the challenges of their past into hope filled futures as thriving survivors.
Statistics we have gathered about child trafficking, child abuse and bullying show that intervention is highly needed. Click the links above to the latest statistics or click on our programs below that highlight our efforts to mobilize lighthouses of hope for survivors throughout the U.S. and beyond.
Acts considered to be physical abuse are punching, beating, kicking, biting, burning, breaking of bones, hair pulling, and shaking an infant. Bruises in areas that usually do not occur during normal play = cheeks, ears, mouth, buttocks, thighs, stomach, and back.
Neglect makes up for 78% of all cases of child abuse, and is greatly under-reported and often unnoticed by others who care for the child. Neglect includes inadequate nutrition, clothing and hygiene; medical neglect, being left unattended in a car, and abandonment.
- Child rape occurs every two minutes
- 1 in 3 girls will be sexually molested before the age 17
- 1 in 6 boys will be sexually molested before the age 17 (1 in 5 in Canada)
- A sex offender will molest an average of 120 victims, most of whom do not report it
- 90% of molesters abuse children they know
- Oftentimes, a sexually abused child is abused in other ways
Overall U.S. child abuse statistics:
- Every 10 seconds a child is abused or raped
- 3.3 million child abuse reports in 2010
- For every report 3 more go unreported = many millions abused annually
- 61,000 reports to Child Protective services per week = 6 per minute
- Of 2 million runaways, 85% are fleeing some form of abuse
- 1 out of 6 runaways will fall into Child Sex Slavers hands
- 333,340 runaways will fall into the hands of Child Sex Slavers
- Only 10% of the abusers are not known well by the Child they abuse
- Abuse victims = about 48% male, 52% female
- Every race and religion sees child abuse
The effects of UNTREATED child abuse:
- 38% increase arrest rate for violent crimes
- 84% of all prison inmates had been abused as a child
- 59% more likely to be arrested as a juvenile
- 28% more likely to be arrested as an adult
- 30% more likely to commit violent crime
- 65%+ of people in treatment for drug abuse have been maltreated as a child
- 25% less likely to practice safe sex, putting them at a greater risk for STD’s
- 82% CAN grow up to be pedophiles themselves
- 80% meet criteria for at least one psychological disorder as adults
- Long-term consequences such as chronic illness due to untreated wounds
Child death and suicide related to abuse:
- 1,850 children die a year from some form of child abuse = 7+ children a day in the U.S. alone!
- 80% of the children that die each day are under the age of four
- TODAY 6 children will commit suicide due to child abuse
- Estimated 60% of child deaths caused by child abuse are not recorded as such on death certificates