Knowing My Rules for Safety
- I CHECK FIRST with my parents, guardians, or other trusted adults before going anywhere, helping anyone, accepting anything, or getting into a car.
- I TAKE A FRIEND with me when going places or playing outside.
- I TELL people “NO” if they try to touch me or hurt me. It’s OK
for me to stand up for myself.
- I TELL my trusted adult if anything makes me feel sad, scared,
Sometimes there are people who trick or hurt others. No one has the right to do that to you. So use these rules, and remember you are STRONG, are SMART, and have the right to be SAFE.
- CHECK FIRST
- TAKE A FRIEND
- TELL PEOPLE “NO” IF THEY TRY TO TOUCH YOU OR HURT YOU
- TELL AN ADULT YOU TRUST IF ANYTHING HAPPENS
KidSmartz is a child safety program that educates families about preventing abduction and empowers kids in grades K-5 to practice safer behaviors. This program offers resources to help parents, caregivers, and teachers protect kids by teaching and practicing the 4 Rules of Personal Safety using tips, printable activities, quizzes, articles, music, videos, and more.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children