Urge your U.S. Representative to vote against taxpayer funding of abortion
This week, the House of Representatives will begin the process of voting on appropriations bills for the federal government for 2022. These bills contain provisions that will repeal several safeguards that prohibit funding for abortion.
For almost 40 years, Congress has ensured that pro-life amendments are included in appropriations bills. The amendments in danger of being removed include:
- The Dornan Amendment, which prohibits funding for abortions in Washington, D.C.
- The Helms Amendment, which prohibits funding for abortions abroad
- The Hyde Amendment, which prohibits Medicaid-funded abortions
- The Smith Amendment, which prohibits taxpayer funding for abortions for federal employees
- Other provisions which prohibit abortions in federal prisons and the Peace Corps Program
Your representative will be voting on these bills, possibly as early as this week. Tell your representative to vote against any appropriations bills that don’t prohibit taxpayer funding for abortions.
Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association
If our mission resonates with you, please consider supporting our work financially with a tax-deductible donation. The easiest way to do that is through online giving. It is easy to use, and most of all, it is secure.