Category Archives: Child Sexual Abuse

Child Sex Ring in trailer park 12 years

Police: ‘One of the worst cases’ of Child Sexual Abuse

LAS VEGAS — The mug shots for three people accused of what Metro Police are calling, “one of the worst cases of child sexual abuse ever seen,” was released Friday.

Christopher, Deborah and Terrie Sena are being held in the Clark County Detention Center accused of having involvement with a child sex ring that has abused at least eight children.

According to officers, the investigation started in September when the attorney for Deborah Sena reported the allegations to police. Metro said some of the abuse allegations go as far back as 12 years, and they fear there could be even more victims.

“We are concerned number one — about the victims,” said Lt. Dan McGrath, LVMPD. “It is our hope, that these victims, some of which are still juveniles, it is our hope that we can help them get counseling and get back to a normal life at some point in the future.”

A search warrant was performed by Metro in September and that’s when Christopher Sena, 48, was taken into custody.  “As soon as we did a couple of interviews, that warranted us, and because of the allegations which we believe is credible, we called the SWAT team and we served a search warrant,” Lt. McGrath said.

Deborah, his current wife, and Terrie, his ex-wife, told police that there was “fear and intimidation” involved when it came to dealing with Christopher.

After further investigation, Metro Police arrested 48-year-old Deborah, and 43-year-old Terrie on Thursday.  Metro said a lot of the evidence seized in this case is electronic and on video.

“I want to say there are maybe 30 something pieces of devices, whether they were computers, or flash drives; so it was a significant amount of evidence that was reviewed,” said Lt. McGrath. “There is concern about the investigators, as far as them having to be involved with this, so our employees are going to be offered counseling.”

This is a developing story and an active investigation of the Las Vegas Metro Police Department, which means many of the details are still being pulled together by detectives.

One of the worst cases of Child Sexual Abuse

Female Teacher Faces Rape Charges

Former Utah teacher faces another rape charge as prosecutors find third victim

Brianne Land Altice, 35, is now charged with five counts of rape after a third victim described sexual encounters with the former teacher at Davis High School. She is already accused of raping two other young students in 2013.

Another teen has spoken out against an ex-Utah teacher accused of raping students at Davis High School.

Prosecutors discovered a third victim of Brianne Land Altice, the 35-year-old English teacher who allegedly seduced a 16 and 17-year-old boy for several months in 2013, landing her a fifth count of rape, according to the desert News.

Altice’s trial, initially set for September, had already been delayed due to a second victim who surfaced.

She was arrested by Layton police in October 2013 after a friend of the first victim reported his alleged sexual exploits that spanned half a year with Altice to authorities.

The victim claimed to have flirted with Altice while volunteering as a teacher’s assistant until she gave into sex, but he later felt guilty. Their encounters included the teacher’s home, a park and a church parking lot.

Her time with the 16-year-old victim overlapped encounters with a second victim that lasted from April to June 2013.

The third victim believes the rapes happened in either August or September, according to the Standard-Examiner.

Altice’s charges now include five counts of rape, two counts of forcible sodomy and three counts of forcible sexual abuse. Her next hearing for the latest charges is scheduled for Jan. 15.

Child Predator Assaults Another Child

Toddler sexually assaulted at Chuck E. Cheese's
Toddler sexually assaulted at Chuck E. Cheese’s

Sex Offender Assaulted Toddler In Chuck E. Cheese’s

ENGLEWOOD – Police are investigating an alarming case of child sex assault at a restaurant designed for kids.

Englewood police say a convicted child predator made a toddler perform sexual acts inside the Chuck E. Cheese’s off West Hampden Avenue. Robert Weber, 43, was arrested last month. He has a criminal history involving children. According to police, Weber went to the Englewood Chuck E. Cheese on Nov. 20 with his daughter and befriended a dad who was there with his 3-year old girl.

Detectives say Weber told the other dad he would watch the girls and took the 3-year-old to an elevated tube where he made her perform sex acts on him. The father did not know Weber was a registered sex offender who wasn’t allowed to be near children. Detectives say Weber violated protection orders by not only going to Chuck E. Cheese’s but by bringing his daughter, too.

He may never have been arrested if it wasn’t for a photo booth picture the two fathers and daughters took together. The victim’s dad showed police who later identified the convicted predator.

Investigators are looking into why Weber had his young daughter with him. They opened a case with human services to investigate Weber’s family. Police say they may have allowed him to be near children knowing he wasn’t supposed to be.

The prosecutor’s office says they take protection orders very seriously, and there are serious penalties for people who violate them. Weber has a conviction for sex assault on a child from more than a decade ago. Jefferson County also has a pending case for the same charge. Law enforcement officials asked 9NEWS not to use his pictures, saying he may be tied to additional cases.

Chuck E. Cheese’s has measures in place to protect children and customers. Matching hand stamps allow employees to know who customers come in and leave with.

Weber faces charges for sex assault on a child, violating his protective orders and for being an habitual offender.

Online, you are guilty even after being proven innocent

Once you’re arrested, your name is tarnished forever.

More and more people are having “Google problems.” They usually look like this:

  1. someone got arrested;
  2. the local newspaper wrote about it;
  3. prosecutors dropped the charges completely;
  4. the person’s record was expunged (in other words, the slate was wiped clean);
  5. the original arrest article, however, is still online.

Now whenever anyone searches that person’s name, the arrest is one of the top Google results even though they’re weren’t guilty.

Google: Your new permanent record

You can imagine the trouble this causes for the individual seeking the article’s takedown: difficulty getting a job, a promotion, or even a date. It seems unfair that even though the judicial system saw fit to remove all traces of the arrest from the person’s record, there’s no corresponding requirement that the local newspaper do the same. What’s the point of expunging a record when anyone with internet access can bring up an old, bogus arrest? Even if a court of law drops the matter, the court of public opinion has condemned that person for life.

The free speech rights of publishers trump those of individuals

In the battle of the newspapers versus the individual’s reputation, the law is on the newspapers’ side. They have a First Amendment right to report true information and are under no legal obligation to remove—“unpublish,” as it’s referred to lately—content, even when significant updates have occurred. In our experience, publishers are generally unwilling to remove articles that were factually accurate when written. Their reasoning ranges from lofty (saying they don’t want to “rewrite the historical record”) to lazy (they have a policy of never changing anything).

Some publications will remove an article, but only if the stars align and several factors exist: the publication doesn’t have a strict policy against unpublishing, we reach an actual human being, we reach an actual human being who’s in a good mood that day, we’re able to provide documentation of the dropped charges or expunged record, and the person to whom we speak decides that the facts of the particular situation warrant removal. It takes hard work, persistence, and luck. Does it happen? Yes, but you can see why it’s pretty rare

Child Predator Sentenced

Alastair Carswell
Alastair Carswell

Child abuse ‘predator’ gets 14 years in jail

A BANGOR man has been jailed for sexually abusing six children over a 17-year period.

Last Friday (28th) Alastair Carswell was sentenced to 14 years for what was described as ‘predator activity’ involving victims aged between seven and 16.

Carswell (48) is originally from Bangor, though court records currently give his address as HMP Maghaberry, and all of his victims were from the North Down area. He was sentenced to seven years in prison followed by seven years on licence for a total of 25 charges, including multiple indecent assaults, that took place between 1995 and 2012.

Friday’s Crown Court sitting in Belfast heard that three of the 48-year-old’s victims had endured long-term effects from ‘sustained periods of abuse’ suffered at Carswell’s hands. Three of the victims were targeted on a single occasion but the others, two boys and a girl, were abused over a prolonged period.

When Carswell was arrested and questioned about the abuse last year he denied his victims’ claims, branding them malicious. But during last week’s court sitting the judge described Carswell as ‘controlling and willing to exercise control over others’ and stated some of the offending had a ‘pre-meditated nature’.

A defense lawyer told the court that Carswell intends to comply with probation after his release from prison, and that the 48 year old wants to try to get back some semblance of his life.