Category Archives: Cronyism

Justice For Cronys And Good Ol’ Boys

.jpg photo of former police chief arrested in child sex sting
Michael Diebold, 41

Former police chief in PA to serve 9-23 months in prison after guilty plea
related to undercover child sex sting

HARRISBURG, PA  –  A former police chief in Armstrong County will serve between nine and 23 months in prison and three years probation for soliciting sexual acts from an undercover agent posing as a 14-year-old girl online in January, Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced Wednesday.

Michael Diebold, 41, pleaded guilty to two counts of statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor and criminal use of a communication facility, court documents show.

Diebold, who served as Leechburg’s police chief, sent inappropriate pictures to the individual he thought to be a teenage girl on multiple occasions.

He then made plans to meet up with the girl, and upon arrival at the designated location in Westmoreland County, Diebold was apprehended.

“This case is particularly heinous because the perpetrator is a public official, sworn to serve and protect the community,” Attorney General Shapiro said.  “We have a zero tolerance policy for the sexual abuse of children and my office will prosecute any offender to the fullest extent of the law, no matter who they are.”

First Net Neutrality Then Freedom Of Speech

.jpg photo of man responsible for the repeal of Net Neutrality
Ajit Pai is Big Money’s plant in the FCC.

The FCC Just Faked Out America With
Last-Minute Vote On Consumer
Complaint Process

Ajit Pai is BIG MONEY’s plant in the FCC.  We have one chance left to save Net Neutrality, contact your Law Maker in Washington and tell them to support Net Neutrality by overturning the FCC’s repeal of Net Neutrality with the CRA.
Robert StrongBow

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) seems to have pulled some fast and fancy moves this week, as a controversial change to its complaint review process was seemingly pulled, and then suddenly passed.

Today, the FCC’s four remaining commissioners voted along party lines to approve a package of rule changes around how it handles consumer feedback, including complaints against internet service providers (ISPs), following several long-term scandals about its actions and/or inaction in this area.

Earlier this week, one aspect of that package drew public ire when a series of media reports pointed out that more Americans might have to pay $225 to have the FCC review their complaints.

California Revives Stronger Net Neutrality Bill After Public Backlash

The matter at hand, as Motherboard deftly explained, is this:

As it stands, the FCC currently accepts two kinds of complaints from cable or broadband subscribers:  formal and informal.  Informal complaints are free but often ignored.  In contrast, formal complaints cost a $225 processing fee and kick off a cumbersome legal process involving hearings and paperwork most users won’t have the time for.

A fact sheet circulated by the FCC…  claims the agency’s proposed rule change simply “streamlines and consolidates procedural rules” involving said complaints.  But a letter sent to the FCC by Democratic Senators Frank Pallone Jr. and Mike Doyle claims that under the changes the FCC would have forwarded all informal complaints to ISPs without reading them, forcing consumers to pay a $225 fee if they want to be taken seriously by the agency.

Some confusion ensued, but ultimately the FCC reportedly said it would postpone voting on that matter in today’s hearing, but then Chairman Ajit Pai proposed and successfully passed it, anyway.

In his comprehensive summary of the whole situation, Gizmodo’s Rhett Jones described this week’s fast-moving mess the best: “By sneaking the changes through a vote via complicated legalese and the use of footnotes, the FCC has at least done us a favor in bringing it to everyone’s attention that the rules are bullshit and require taxpayers to cough up more money if they want to guarantee their complaint will be taken seriously.”

As media quoted widely, Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel, the only remaining Democrat after Mignon Clyburn’s emphatic resignation earlier this year, called the decision “bonkers.”

Liberal’s Journalism Hall Of Shame Takes Another

.jpg photo of President Trump
Liberals have lied to the American people about caged children, and they’ve deliberately misrepresented the picture of the little girl who made the cover of Time magazine.

Investigation: Obama’s People Drugged,
Force-Fed Meds to Border Kids

The journalism hall of shame keeps getting more crowded.

A blockbuster report last week by the Center for Investigative Reporting cast a glaring light on a practice of U.S. authorities forcing immigrant children who have been separated from their parents to take psychiatric medicines – and forcibly injecting them if they resisted.

But in its eagerness to damn President Donald Trump and his administration for yet another aspect of handling illegal alien minors, according to a commentary writer for the Washington Examiner, the report left out one crucial detail.

The practice began during the Obama administration, and three of the four minors who are plaintiffs in a lawsuit naming Attorney General Jeff Sessions as a defendant were actually drugged long before Trump even took the oath of office.

As reported by the Washington Examiner’s Philip Wegmann, a lengthy article published Wednesday by Reveal, a publication of the Center for Investigative Reporting, failed to note anywhere in the text that the practice of drugging illegal alien children at a Houston-area social services contractor was begun while Obama was in the White House.

“The reporting is detailed and horrific, but the story creates a fake villain,” Wegmann wrote.  “The first words of the piece are ‘President Donald Trump.’  The article blames Trump and his current zero tolerance policy on immigration for creating “a zombie army of children.”  That is misleading at best.

“Three of the four children cited in the report were drugged during the Obama administration.  According to federal court filings, only one occurred while Trump was actually president.  The other three happened in 2016.  That timing is left out of the story, which, after opening with Trump’s policies, never mentions the years of the specific incidents of mistreatment.”

“Misleading at best”?  Wegmann is being kind.

As he noted, the first three words of the piece are “President Donald Trump.”  The piece was published in the middle of a nationwide hysteria over the status of children of illegal aliens who have been separated from their parents.  The wrong conclusion is obviously easy to draw — intentionally easy, apparently.

Only a reader willing to dig into the lawsuit filings that are linked to the article would have a clue that the practice is not some monstrosity cooked up by the administration of the man who’s now holds the presidency.

There is one hint in the article that the contractor – the Shiloh Treatment Center – had a history of problems that predate the Trump administration.  Namely, U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee had been calling for the center to be closed as early as 2014. (This might be the first and only time the regrettable Rep. Lee might not have been utterly wrong about something.)

But the editors of the ironically named Reveal had to know that the percentage of readers willing to read into the actual court filings linked with the article would be vanishingly small.  Likewise, the offhand reference to Lee doesn’t so much establish a time frame for problems at the center as emphasize the false impression that Democrats are the party that actually cares about children.

It looks like there’s more than “misleading” that’s happening here.  It looks a lot like a deliberate deception, a slight of journalistic hand that pretends to “reveal” some fact when conveying an idea that’s completely different from reality.

But what is absolutely clear is depth to which anti-Trump journalists are willing to go to smear the administration with loosely presented facts.

Given the hoaxes that have already been perpetrated surrounding the story of the “separated families” there’s no denying what’s happening.

Liberals have lied to the American people about caged children (using pictures taken during the Obama administration or outright staged for propaganda purposes). They’ve deliberately misrepresented the picture of the little girl who made the cover of Time magazine.

Major media (including USA Today) picked up a story about 1,450 children allegedly “lost” by the Trump administration when it wasn’t true.

And these are just a few of the examples.

The “Russian collusion” coverage has been skewed and tainted, but for sheer, outrageous misstatements and half-truths, it’s doubtful the country has seen distortion like this from the media since the “hands up, don’t shoot” lies of the Ferguson, Missouri, demonstrations turned into a national movement by Black Lives Matter thugs.

But the truth will come out eventually.  And it’s going to hurt the liberal media more than it hurts the rest of the country.

Until then, the journalism hall of shame is just going to keep getting bigger.

Who Is Lobbying Against NY Extending The SOL

.jpg photo of court room graphic for opening the statute of limitations for child sex abuse
The New York State Legislature is considering extending the statute of limitations on child sex crimes.

NYS Exposed: Who’s opposed to giving
Child Sex Abuse victims more time to
file lawsuits?

Rochester, NY  –  Should victims of child sex abuse be able to sue their abusers decades later?

The New York State Legislature is considering extending the statute of limitations on child sex crimes but there are some big organizations spending thousands of dollars to fight it.

Currently, someone who is sexually abused as a child has until the age of 23 to press criminal charges against his or her abuser.  Under the proposed legislation, a victim would have until his 28th birthday to file criminal charges and his 50th birthday to file civil charges.

At the age of 13, a family member shattered Melanie Blow’s trust, “one day he pulled me aside, he sexually assaulted me and I mean… inside my world changed, outside, I didn’t dare tell anybody,” she recalled.  The abuse continued and so did her silence until a decade later when she realized her abuser had done the same thing to other children.

“It never occurred to me that he was going to do this to someone else,” she said.

Since then, she’s been pushing for changes that would allow victims more time to come to terms with their abuse and seek justice.

“When children are victimized sexually in their early years, they very often don’t have the ability to intellectually or developmentally understand what’s happened to them,” said Deb Rosen, the Executive Director of the Bivona Child Advocacy Center.

That’s why many states have done away with statutes of limitations or have significantly extended them.

“New York State is truly out-of-step with the rest of the country in this area,” Rosen added.

It seems there is widespread support in Albany when it comes to giving victims more time to press criminal charges and file civil suits but the legislation also includes a one-year “look-back” for civil cases and that is the sticking point. During that window, anyone, abused at any time could sue.

“You go generations, somebody could stake a claim from something that happened 30, 40, 50 years ago and there’s no one to defend against those particular allegations,” said New York State Senator Patrick Gallivan of Elma.

Who seems most concerned about that?  Not the alleged abusers but their possible former places of employment.  News10NBC pulled lobbying records that show some of the very groups who are supposed to protect children, have spent money urging lawmakers not to pass this legislation.  The list includes public and private schools and teachers, the Boy Scouts of America, the Catholic Church and insurance companies.

“At this point, I feel that it only right to explain one very important point, and give you, Our Readers, the stats.  When a Child says they have been molested, you had better listen, because it is unsubstantiated less than 2% of the time. However, when The Clergy has been named, it is unsubstantiated over 60% of the time, although these men’s testimony is ruined forever.  Just so everyone knows, Law Enforcement does all of this type investigations.”
Robert StrongBow

In fact, following a meeting with Governor Andrew Cuomo about the Child Victims Act in March, the Archbishop of New York, Cardinal Timothy Dolan is quoted as saying “a look-back would be toxic for us….  We find it to be very strangling because we, unfortunately, have a precedent when that happens, the only organization that is targeted is the Catholic church.”

There’s also some concern from lawmakers that a look-back could flood the court system with thousands of civil cases.  The State of California recently passed legislation that included a look-back window; so far, about 1,200 claims have been filed.

When asked if he thought the legislation would pass if the look-back window wasn’t included, Senator Gallivan told News10NBC, “the best way that I can say is this is now being talked about more than I’ve ever heard it talked about in the past and I think the momentum is there for something to get done.”

Melanie said, the least state lawmakers can do is let victims have their day in court.

“It’s really hard to take a case forward when it’s happening right now.  It’s much harder to take it forward when it happened decades ago but it can happen and all victims are asking for is the right to try,” she told News10NBC.

Judges Are Children’s Worst Enemy

.jpg photo of Child Predator Doctor
Larry Nassar, 53

Former USA Gymnastics doctor pleads guilty to Child Pornography charges

“I sacrificed my childhood to compete for the United States throughout the world,” Antolin said.  “The doctor they assigned to treat me betrayed my trust.  Now the federal government is giving him a free pass for his alleged assaults on me and many other child athletes.  That’s not justice.”
Jeanette Antolin

Larry Nassar, a former USA Gymnastics physician accused of sexually assaulting dozens of women and girls, pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal child pornography charges.

Nassar, 53, pleaded guilty to receiving child pornography, possessing child pornography and to a charge that he hid and destroyed evidence in the case.  The guilty plea was part of an agreement with the western Michigan US Attorney’s Office and was formally entered in federal court in Grand Rapids.

“Victims and the public can be assured that a day of reckoning is indeed in Dr. Nassar’s future,” Acting US Attorney Andrew Birge said in a statement.  “No one, no matter his station in life, is above the law.  Those who exploit children will be found out and they will be held accountable.”

Nassar’s attorneys, Matthew Newburg and Shannon Smith, declined to comment on the guilty plea, but issued a brief statement about the state charges he also faces.

USA Gymnastics agrees to dozens of changes amid sex abuse scandal

“Dr. Nassar’s position on the state cases has not changed and we intend to proceed to trial.  The plea today was negotiated only to resolve the federal charges,” their joint statement reads.

In total, Nassar faces 22 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and 11 counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct at the state level, according to Megan Hawthorne, deputy press secretary for state Attorney General Bill Schuette.

Nassar has pleaded not guilty to all of the state charges, Hawthorne said.  Several of the first degree charges pertain to victims under 13, and all of the state-level charges involve former family friends, gymnasts, and/or patients of Nassar, she said.

Nassar, the father of three school-aged children, was the team physician for the Michigan State University gymnastics and women’s crew teams, as well as an associate professor at MSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine.  He worked at MSU from 1997 to 2016, and served as the USA Gymnastics physician through four Olympic Games.

Prosecutors alleged that between September and December 2004, Nassar knowingly downloaded images and videos of child pornography from the Internet and that between 2003 and 2016, he knowingly kept thousands of child pornography images and videos on his hard drive.  Some of the images Nassar allegedly possessed included those of a minor under 12 years old, court documents state.

Furthermore, court documents allege that in September 2016, when he was aware that he was under investigation, Nassar paid $49 to have his laptop completely wiped of the pornographic images and videos and threw away several hard drives containing child pornography.

Nassar faces a combined maximum of 60 years of imprisonment. Nassar must also register as a sex offender and pay restitution to all of the victims of his sexual exploitation, the amounts of which will be determined at a later sentencing date, according to the terms of the plea deal.

In return, the US Attorney has agreed to dismiss Nassar’s original indictment and not prosecute Nassar for sexual exploitation and attempted sexual exploitation of children, relating to alleged conduct with two minors in Nassar’s swimming pool in the summer of 2015 and for “illicit sexual conduct” with two other minor children during interstate and international travel, according to the plea agreement obtained by CNN.

Jeanette Antolin, a member of the US National Gymnastics Team from 1995-2000 who alleges that Nassar molested her when she was competing in Canada, Switzerland, and China, denounced the plea agreement.

“I sacrificed my childhood to compete for the United States throughout the world,” Antolin said.  “The doctor they assigned to treat me betrayed my trust.  Now the federal government is giving him a free pass for his alleged assaults on me and many other child athletes.  That’s not justice.”

These federal charges are separate from the sexual assault charges that Nassar faces at the state level.

The state charges, filed in two Michigan counties, stem from allegations that Nassar sexually abused young female athletes under the guise of providing medical care in his home and other settings, including the Michigan State University sports medicine clinic and Twistars Gymnastics Club.

In February, MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon stated that the university is “fully cooperating with every aspect of the ongoing criminal investigations and have urged all members of the MSU community to do so as well.”

The following month, Twistars Gymnastics Club issued a statement saying they “had zero knowledge of any of the allegations against Dr. Nassar, who was never an employee of Twistars.  Our hearts go out to the women who have spoken up and, like everyone else, we are sickened to the core by their stories.”

In April, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) revoked Nassar’s medical license for a minimum of three years, said Jason Moon, communications director for LARA. Nassar must also pay a $100,000 fine if he chooses to file an application to reinstate his license.  Reinstatement would require approval from the Michigan Board of Medicine, Moon said.