The Blues, A Blessing, and The Liebster Award
I had enough, I’m done, and I turned and walked away.
“What the.. ? Oh this is real good”, as I looked at the dark hallway, “now they’re sure going to think you’ve lost it.”
“Now I know I didn’t imagine that”, as my eyes searched the hallway, I realized there was a big, heavy door, that was locked and chained only a few feet from me on my right. I moved as quietly as possible and leaned closer to the door… something touched me on the right shoulder and as I jerked around, a hand was reaching for my throat!
My eyes bugged out of my head like binoculars and my jaw hurt from trying to scream; all the while water was flying all over the bathroom as I was attempting to back-paddle away from the cut-off hand.
Just as I saw the broomstick holding the glove up, I heard Frank’s laughter.
I was sitting straight-up in bed, looking around and wanting to cry, but I couldn’t help but bust out laughing, and shaking my head, “That Frank is in for it when I see him.”
When we were young boys, we never missed an opportunity to scare or surprise the other, or even our friends. We never missed “Thriller”, “The Twilight Zone”, or any of the long list of scary movies, and the above good memory was after we watched “The Hand”, and Frank caught me in the bathtub.
Needless to say, Frank got my attention and reminded me that I still had an unfinished job to do: To make this world a better place for all the Children!
So with that said, I dedicate this to Frank.
The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which the Rules are simple as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
1. Where were you born?
2. What has been your favorite pet and why?
Dog, because they are so loyal and great companions.
3. Do you work . . if so, where (being a full-time mommy counts as work btw)?
I am retired, although I work very close to full time or even more at times as a Child Advocate, supporting Veterans, and senior citizens.
4. If you could go exploring anywhere where would that be?
The Great Barrier Reef
5. Your biggest regret?
6. How many siblings do you have? What are your thoughts on that number?
Two, and it is as good a number as any, I had an Uncle and Aunt that had 15 Children.
7. What decade do you really belong in?
Right where I am at. I started out with The Killer-Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Elvis, Buddy Holley, Otis Redding, B.B. King, lived through The Beatles, lived with The Rolling Stones(Since they still make music), Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Ozzy, Ritchie Blackmore, Charlie Daniels, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Social Distortion, Bon Jovi, Rammstein, Slipknot, Brooks and Dunn, Toby Keith, George Strait, Garth Brooks, Dwight Yoakum, Volbeat, etc..
8. Would you rather live in the Arctic or Antarctic Circle?
If I had to, I would pick the warmer climate, and the one with land to walk on so I could get back to Texas, so The Arctic.
9. What is your favorite artistic medium?
Tools, Paint, original parts, and custom parts to build War Horses(Ford Mustangs) and HOGs(Harley-Davidsons). But also woodworking tools, and good wood.
10. Camping or hotels?
Both, I’m a farm boy and love the out-of-doors, but I also love being around people and the big city at times also.
11. Favorite school subject?
Nominate 11 other bloggers.
Ask them 11 questions.
1. How many languages can you communicate in writing?
2. Favorite place to visit.
3. How many pets do you have?
4. Who is your hero?
5. Olympics or Professional Sports
6. Name 5 forms of communication.
7. How often do you read a real, printed, hard-bound book.
8. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone and mailed it?
9. What are 33, 45, 78, referring to?
10. How many times have you been in love?
11. What was your greatest victory?
Let them know you have nominated them.