‘Low risk’ registered sex offender arrested after San Angelo child makes outcry of abuse
SAN ANGELO, TX – A San Angelo man, previously convicted for indecency with a child in 1995, has been arrested in connection to a recent child sex abuse case, according to court documents obtained Monday, May 16.
A child, 11, made an outcry of sexual abuse and named a San Angelo man. The child stated the man had inappropriately touched them multiple times between Jan. 5, 2020 through Nov. 29, 2020, in San Angelo, according to the arrest affidavit.
During an interview with investigators, the man admitted to what the child reported, records state.
Deputies arrested Reymundo Luna, 61, on suspicion of continuous child sex abuse of a child younger than 14 years old. He remained in Tom Green County Detention Center with no bond listed as of 4:45 p.m. Monday, according to online jail records.
Luna previously pleaded guilty to four counts of indecency with a 9-year-old child in Tom Green County in 1995, for which he received 10 years deferred adjudication, a type of probation that could have helped him avoid conviction if he followed the rules of the agreement.
That probation was revoked in 2005 due to unsupervised meetings with a child younger than 17, being within 1,000 feet of a place children congregated and not going to counseling. He was then sentenced to 4 years in prison.
The Texas Public Sex Offender Registry listed Luna as “low risk. ” This means he “pose(d) a low threat to the community in terms of engaging in further criminal sexual conduct,” according to nealdavislaw.com.
AG Paxton Sends Letter to ALI Opposing Revisions that Benefit Sexual Predators
AUSTIN, TX – Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton joined a multistate letter to the American Law Institute (ALI) objecting that their proposed amendments to the Model Penal Code (MPC) would weaken laws used to prosecute and prevent sex crimes. Paxton and 37 attorneys general had previously sent a letter to the ALI that resulted in positive updates to the MPC, but additional interim revisions passed by the ALI Council have raised important new concerns.
The U.S. Department of Justice, the National Association of Attorneys General, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have also criticized the MPC revisions, because they make it more difficult for law enforcement to protect victims while also creating loopholes that sexual predators can exploit to avoid consequences for their acts of depravity.
“The ALI is supposed to work to improve the law, but their proposed changes would cater to criminals while silencing victims of abuse and human trafficking,” Attorney General Paxton said. “I will never stop fighting for the safety and wellbeing of our most vulnerable and victimized Texans, and I call upon the ALI not to weaken our laws to the advantage of those who commit sex crimes.”
Greenville Man Found Guilty of Human Trafficking, Sentenced to Life in Prison
HUNT COUNTY, TX – After a 25 minute deliberation, a Hunt County jury found Jeffery Barrett guilty of a human trafficking case in Greenville.
On Tuesday, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced the jury found Barrett guilty of abusing his three adopted children.
“It is heartbreaking to know this horrid abuse was happening in our state, and it is unfathomable that a person could be so heartless to abuse the foster care system and use children in need of a loving, safe home as slave labor,” said Paxton in a prepared statement.
According to investigators, Barrett subjected his adopted children to continuous abuse through isolation and coercion, making the children work at his puppy mill for years and not allowing them to attend school.
During the seizure, the puppies were taken under the care of the SPCA, and the children were removed from the home.
Barrett was sentenced to life in prison and a $10,000 fine, which is the maximum sentence for this offense.
This verdict comes after Barret’s wife, Barbara, was sentenced to 99 years for the continuous trafficking of children.
“There is no excuse for this evil behavior, and it will not be tolerated in our state,” Paxton said.
Operation ‘Wash Out’ Results in 38 Arrested for Gang-Related Offenses
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 20, 2021
AUSTIN, TX – The Office of the Attorney General assisted in an operation that resulted in the arrest of 38 fugitives wanted for gang-related offenses.
In Bexar County, the Austin Fugitive Apprehension Unit assisted the United States Marshals Lone Star Fugitive Task Force’s warrant initiative, named Operation Wash Out, from September 20-27.
These efforts focused on members of the most violent gangs in the greater San Antonio metropolitan area. As a result of this warrant initiative, the following were arrested – including one of Texas’s Top 10 Most Wanted:
Moses Calderon – Parole Violation for Murder with a Deadly Weapon and Assault Bodily Injury. Member of Hermanos Pistoleros Gang. Texas Top 10 Most Wanted.
Steven Acevedo – Assault Family Violence. Member of Tango Orejon Gang.
Samantha Acosta –Possession of Controlled Substance.
John Anthony Arroyo – Probation Violation for Smuggling Aliens and Stolen Vehicle.
Ruben Benavides – Parole Violation for Aggravated Assault Against Public Servant and 2 counts of Assault Bodily Injury. Member of Klik Gang.
Nicholas Blanco – Racketeering and Murder.
Ricky Ohara Coleman – Parole Violation for Assault Bodily Injury Family Violence. Member of Wheatley Court Gang.
Jonathan Duque – Assault Family Violence.
Brenna Farley – 2 counts of Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon.
Rogelio Gloria Flores – Probation Violation for Manufacturing/Delivery of Cocaine. Mexican Mafia Gang Member.
Arturo Garza, Jr. – Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon. Member of Texas Mexican Mafia Gang.
Ceasar Andrew Gomez – Probation Violation for Amphetamine Possession. Texas Syndicate Gang Member.
Adrian Michael Gonzales – Assault Family Violence Strangulation.
Monte Joseph Govan – Parole Violation for Aggravated Robbery, Unlawful Restraint and Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon.
Lane Everett Grinage – Felon in Possession of Firearm.
David Anthony Hernandez – Probation Violation for Dangerous Drugs and Probation Violation for Smuggling.
Larry Guerrero Hernandez – Parole Violation for Unauthorized Use of Vehicle and Assault Bodily Injury. Member of Mexican Mafia Gang.
Linda Flor Ibarra – Aggravated Robbery.
Rolando Lopez – Probation Violation for Smuggling Aliens. Taiza Gang Member.
Rene Arnold Martinez – Tampering with Evidence and Assault Family Violence. Member of Texas Mexican Mafia Gang.
Rafael Resendez – Possession of Controlled Substance.
Nathaniel Xavier Ramirez – Probation Revocation for Evading Arrest and Detention with Vehicle. Member of West Side Varrios Gang.
Humberto Ramos – Possession of Dangerous Drugs. Member of Hermanos Pistoleros Gang.
Michael Roberson – Parole Violation for Possession with Intent to Deliver and Failure to Appear regarding a 2nd DWI. Member of the Bloods Gang.
Ruben Rocha – Assault Public Servant.
Marc Andrew Rodriguez – Assault Family Violence. Member of Tango Orejon Gang.
Guzman Carrizales Sambrano – Parole Violation for Homicide and Possession of a Controlled Substance in Penal Institution.
Jeremiah Sambrano – Failure to Appear Assault and Escape from Custody.
Spurgeon Williams – Probation Violation for Cocaine. Member of East Terrace Crips Gang.
Matthew Alexander Woosley – Felon in Possession of Firearm. Member of Tango Orejon Gang.
Tyson William Yetts – Parole Violation for Assault Family Member.
David Zepeda – Parole Violation for Murder. Member of Mexican Mafia Gang.
Former Lubbock dentist Jason White now charged with 16 counts related to child pornography
LUBBOCK, TX – Former Lubbock dentist Jason White is federally indicted on 16 counts relating to child pornography and enticement of a minor. He was previously indicted on three counts.
A federal magistrate signed a superseding indictment on Wednesday afternoon for former Lubbock dentist accused of producing child pornography and the enticement of minors.
The new indictment accuses him of nine counts of production of child pornography, one count of transportation of child pornography and six counts of enticement and attempted enticement of a minor. The previous indictment was for three counts: production of child pornography, transportation of child pornography, and enticement of a minor.
The new indictment shows the charges against White. It indicates the enticement of minors may have begun in 2004 and continued through 2020, and the production of child pornography began in 2009 and continued through 2020.
The indictment identifies at least seven alleged victims while, according to court documents, as many as 15 juveniles were interviewed.
Eight counts of the production of child pornography are centered around John Doe 15 – which started in 2009 and continued through 2010.
Included in the documents is a forfeiture notice. bIf convicted, White will forfeit to the United States of America any visual depictions described in the federal documents. It also includes any digital media seized by law enforcement, a house located in the 4400 block of 10th Street in Lubbock and the approximately 966-acre ranch located near Garza County, also known as the Drop Tine Draw Ranch.
On Jan. 14, 2021, FBI and Homeland Security agents, along with Lubbock Police, raided White’s dental office and home, removing items from the building and his vehicle. During the raid, White was arrested and booked into the Lubbock County Detention Center.
Then on Jan. 20, 2021, new state charges were filed against White. The warrant for the state he has been charged with sexual performance by a child. These charges stem from the same allegations that brought on the federal charges. A bond for the state charges was set at $150,000. White’s attorney posted the bond, but because White was on a federal hold at the county jail, he was not released.
On Jan. 21, 2021, a civil lawsuit was filed against Jason White, accusing White of sexually assaulting a minor. The plaintiff’s attorney, Kevin Glasheen, says Dr. White “apparently has a porn business,” which they have alleged in the lawsuit. “He’s offered money to minor children for them to produce pornography. He’s touched children inappropriately. And this is apparently, according to the evidence that we’ve discovered, has been going on a long time and is widespread conduct that involves a lot of other people,” Glasheen said in a news conference in January.
They are suing White for at least $10 million.
The civil suit may not be resolved for a year and a half, because of the federal and state cases against White.
In the federal and state court documents, both complaints make mention of other adult males who may be involved in the sharing of child pornography with White.
During a news conference with Glasheen, he said, “We do have some idea, and it does, potentially, involve some very prominent people. And I will say that because it is such a strong accusation and allegation that, you know, we’re not prepared to name those people at this time. I’d like to go through the discovery process in the civil case, that means taking depositions of obtaining documents, and then we’ll see what kind of evidence the law enforcement authorities have. Once Dr. White is indicted and the law enforcement authorities, the prosecutors, will have to hand over their evidence to him. That’s called Brady material, where defendants are allowed to see what the law enforcement has in a criminal case – criminal discovery they call it – and he’ll get that material and then we will get it from him. We’re entitled to get that information from Dr. White. So we’ll have all the federal evidence at that point. Until then, we can attempt to take deposition testimony from both Dr. White and his partners. I expect him to plead the fifth. It will be interesting to see who else pleads the fifth as we move along through our process of taking issuing subpoenas and setting up depositions.”
In March 2020, a judge granted a motion to push the date of the child pornography trial of former Lubbock dentist Jason White, declaring the case complex after prosecutors stated more possible victims have come forward. Jason White’s trial is reset to November 1, at 9 a.m. in the United States District Court.